When making our Create@Home projects, these are the most commonly used items I would recommend to make it quick & easy:
- Use good quality acrylic craft paints such as FolkArt (Plaid) , Ceramcoat, or Americana brands (most commonly found at your local craft store or online). I would not recommend using cheap brands from the dollar store as they do not perform well....trust me I tried!
- Glue such as Lepage Multi-Purpose Wood Glue. It dries clear, is non-toxic and fairly quickly since we are using mdf for most of our kits.
- disposable table covering
- disposeable cosmetic wedges to apply paint
- baby wipes
- toothpick or push pin (aka the crack-cleaner!)
- painter's tape
- I also love using Posca Paint Pens! We don't sell them but I do recommend them for adding fine details and highlights because they are much easier than trying to use a tiny paint brush for these little details. Here is a quick link to find them on Amazon
Be sure to watch our YouTube instructional videos to help you assemble your kits!