Sunday, March 29th 12:00 PM | Basic Furniture Refinishing | BYOP
Have you have decided to take the leap and learn to paint your furniture? This is a great time for projects like painting and in this beginners workshop you will get the confidence you need to give your furniture a fresh new look with paint. We will give you lots of inspiration and some great skills so you can achieve success in your painting projects.
The class includes basic instruction on:
- How to decide the look you want for your piece
- How to prepare your furniture for painting
- How to properly apply paint for a smooth finish (no heavy brush strokes!)
- How to finish your project with Furniture Wax, Hemp Oil, or Tough Coat
- Begin to transform your own piece of furniture (must be small enough to carry in unassisted!)
Space is limited to keep it cozy and "hands on" so we have plenty of room to work on our pieces. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Students will receive 10% off all Fusion Paint or Homestead House Milk Paint products during the day of the workshop.
Time: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
What is Included: All paint supplies such as brushes, sandpaper, rollers, trays, drop cloths, rags, etc. for each student. Paint & finishing products for your project are an additional charge based on the size of your project and the finish you are trying to achieve. We will contact you to discuss the project you are bringing and any preliminary prep-work to be done to your piece before the workshop.
When coming to the workshop, be sure to wear paint-friendly clothing as sometimes we can get a little messy.